Lobster Tails in Cream Sauce
by Updated April 18, 2018,
Delicious rock lobster tails are cooked with a wonderful sherry cream sauce, then they're stuffed back into the shells, sprinkled with crumbs and broiled.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- Cook frozen lobster tails in boiling salted water to cover (about 1 teaspoon salt per quart of water), cooking about 12 to 14 minutes if the largest is 10 ounces. If the lobster tails have been thawed, cook them for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove lobster meat, keeping shells intact. Cut meat into chunks.
- In a saucepan, heat lobster meat with 1/4 cup butter and the sherry for 3 minutes. Stir in flour, paprika, cream, and salt, cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff lobster shells then sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until nicely browned.
Calories per serving: 453
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Lobster Recipes
Lobster with Sour Cream Sauce
Fish and Seafood Recipe Index