Soft Molasses Cookies
by , Updated April 17, 2017
These soft molasses cookies are made with butter and sour cream. Roll the cookies out on lightly floured waxed paper. Top with a sheet of plastic wrap for easy rolling.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, add spices and 1/4 teaspoon salt to flour.
- Dissolve soda in molasses.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream and molasses.
- Add more flour if necessary to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out and cut with cookie cutters.
- Arrange on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.