Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
by , Updated April 16, 2017
This heavenly cheesecake is made with a chocolate cookie crumb crust and garnished with whipped cream and whole almonds.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Combine the crushed cookies with butter in an 8-inch springform pan until blended; press onto bottom of the pan.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl with hand-held electric mixer at low speed, beat cream cheese until light and smooth. Beat in eggs, sugar, milk, almond extract, and salt. Increase mixer speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Put half of the mixture into another bowl; set aside.
- Stir all but 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate into remaining cream cheese batter, stirring until well blended. Alternately spoon white and chocolate batters into the prepared pan. With a metal spatula, gently cut through batter to create a swirled effect.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until edges are set (center will still be jiggly, but will firm up when chilled). Remove to rack to cool completely; cover and refrigerate. Dip each whole almond into melted chocolate to cover about halfway. Set on waxed paper until chocolate is firm and no longer moist.
- At serving time, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; spoon 14 swirled dollops around the edge of cheesecake; top each dollop with a dipped almond.
- If you won't be serving the cheesecake all at once, serve individual slices with dollops of whipped topping at serving time and omit the almonds.