Savory Chicken Bites
by , Updated April 16, 2017
This is a delicious little chicken appetizer made with cream cheese, a little basil and onion powder, cooked chicken, and crescent roll doughs. Take these along ot a party or make them for a family tv snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, basil, salt, thyme; mix until well blended. Stir in chicken, celery, and pimiento; mix well.
- Separate dough into eight rectangles, firmly pressing the perforations to seal.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each rectangle, leaving 1/2-inch uncovered on one long edge. Roll up, starting with the long edge which has cream cheese right to the edge; seal edges.
- Brush rolls with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut each roll into 4 portions.
- Place chicken bites, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Makes 32Calories per serving: 74