Single-Serve Harvest Apple Cakes
by , Updated April 16, 2017
These little apple cakes are made with a wonderful lemon and cinnamon powdered sugar glaze. Make these cakes in custard cups, ramekins, or use muffin tins. Serves as a dessert or coffee cakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Add flour and soda; mix to blend well.
- Stir in raisins and apples (mixture will be rather dry).
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into eight greased and floured 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins. Place the ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger. Cool. Loosen with a knife and invert to remove from the custard cups.
- Ice with cinnamon glaze and garnish with raisins, if desired. Or, simply dust with powdered sugar.
- The cakes can also be baked 12 large muffin tin cups, about 35 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
- Combine powdered sugar with lemon juice. Stir in just enough water to make a thin icing.
- Stir in a dash of cinnamon.