Veal Cutlets with Mushroom Sauce
by Updated April 16, 2017,
Veal cutlets are quick and easy to prepare and cook. Ingredients in this veal recipe include bacon, veal cutlets, egg and bread crumbs, and cream of mushroom soup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: About 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; remove the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- In hot bacon drippings, cook onion until tender; remove to a plate and set aside.
- Cut cutlets into 6 to 8 serving-size pieces; pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg with water; beat lightly.
- Put the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip meat into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- Brown the coated veal on both sides in bacon drippings.
- In a small bowl, stir steak sauce and browning sauce into the condensed soup.
- Place browned meat in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Top with onions, bacon, and soup mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until meat is tender.
Calories per serving: 443
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Veal Recipes