Corned Beef Brisket with Sauerkraut
by , Updated April 11, 2017
Corned beef and sauerkraut are paired up in this tangy, flavorful recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hour
Total Time: 4 hour 10 minutes
- Place brisket in a large kettle; sprinkle with salt and pepper and scatter the sliced onions over the top. Cover with water.
- Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut; add to the kettle with vinegar and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook for about 2 hours longer.
- Grate potato and add to brisket; cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
Serves 8Calories per serving: 623