by , Updated April 10, 2017
This beef stroganoff is made with sirloin tips, along with mushrooms, tomato juice, sour cream, and a little sherry.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 48 minutes
- Dredge strips of beef in the flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet; brown beef quickly.
- Remove meat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter; add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add tomato juice, sherry, and water. Bring mixture to a boil; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until beef is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir in the sour cream, heat through, and serve immediately with noodles or potatoes.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 489