Porcupine Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce
by Updated April 10, 2017,
Porcupine meatballs are made with Minute Rice. If you use long grain or converted rice, cook the rice before making the meatballs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine ground beef, rice, milk, pepper, onion, cracker crumbs, salt, and poultry seasoning. Shape meat mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs in a little vegetable oil. Drain off excess grease.
- Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole, cover, and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.
Calories per serving: 348
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Barbecued Meatballs Recipe
Grape Jelly Meatballs