Porcupine Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce
by , Updated April 10, 2017
Porcupine meatballs are made with Minute Rice. If you use long grain or converted rice, cook the rice before making the meatballs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine ground beef, rice, milk, pepper, onion, cracker crumbs, salt, and poultry seasoning. Shape meat mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs in a little vegetable oil. Drain off excess grease.
- Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole, cover, and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 348