Stuffed Tomato Salad
by , Updated April 10, 2017
These simple stuffed tomatoes make a terrific luncheon. Serve these tomatoes on mixed greens for an attractive, tasty light meal.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Prepare tomatoes. If desired, remove skins by scalding quickly and then dunk in ice water.
- Cut a slice from stem ends of tomatoes then scoop out pulp. Chill thoroughly.
- Drain pulp, chope, then combine with an equal amound of chopped celery, chopped cucumber, coarsely chopped shrimp (depending on size); sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Moisten shrimp mixture with mayonnaise.
- Refill tomato shells and place on lettuce leaves to serve.