by , Updated April 10, 2017
This is a wonderful recipe for using boneless chicken breasts. The chicken is thinned and flattened, rolled around a tablespoon of herb butter, then it's breaded and baked.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Blend the softened butter with parsley, chives, pepper, and salt. Divide into 4 portions and chill until firm.
- Flatten each chicken breast half to about 1/4-inch thickness by pounding each between wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Place a portion of the chilled butter mixture in the center of each flattened chicken breast half. Roll each to completely enclose the butter. Dust each roll in flour then dip in beaten egg and water. Roll in bread crumbs then place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 491