Skillet Chicken Supper
by , Updated April 10, 2017
This is a quick and easy chicken recipe, and sure to please! If you use boneless chicken breasts, the dish will take less time, so check for doneness after about 25 to 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- In a paper bag or food storage bag, combine flour, salt, and paprika; add chicken one piece at a time and shake to coat well.
- In a large skillet melt butter; brown the chicken breasts. Push chicken to one side of skillet. Add potatoes then the carrots. Spoon soup over all. Cover and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken, potatoes and carrots to a serving dish and keep warm while making gravy.
- Stir sour cream into the drippings in skillet; stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat to serving temperature, but do not boil.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and pass the rest with the chicken.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 700