Orange Glazed Chicken with Rice
by Updated April 10, 2017,
This tasty glazed chicken is easy to make in the skillet, and it's delicious with hot cooked rice.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Combine flour and salt in a food storage bag or paper bag; add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and toss to coat well. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of peel from orange; reserve. Peel the orange and separate into sections. Cut each section into 4 pieces; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken pieces and brown quickly on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved flour mixture, orange peel, orange juice, and sugar; stir well.
- Stir orange juice mixture into the skillet; cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Prepare rice while chicken is cooking.
- Spoon hot rice onto a serving dish; top with chicken pieces.
- Stir orange pieces and green onion into the skillet; heat through.
- Spoon a little of the sauce over the chicken and serve the rest on the side.
Calories per serving: 713
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Skillet Apricot Chicken
Cajun Chicken and Rice Recipe
Chicken Recipe with Lime and Garlic
Chicken Rice Skillet Recipe
Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe