Banana Cream Pie
by , Updated April 10, 2017
This banana cream pie would also be delicious with a vanilla wafer or graham cracker crust!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- In a heavy saucepan, beat eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and flour. Gradually beat hot milk into egg mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla and stir until well blended. Place plastic wrap directly over filling to keep top from hardening; let cool.
- Fold freshly cut bananas into the cooled filling, reserving a few slices for garnish, if desired.
- Toss reserved slices with lemon juice to coat, to prevent turning brown.
- Spoon mixture into the baked and cooled pie shell.
- Whip cream and blend in the confectioners' sugar. Spread over the top of the pie.
- Arrange banana slices over the top with a few mint leaves, if desired.
- Keep leftover pie refrigerated.
Serves 8Calories per serving: 478