by , Updated April 9, 2017
This recipe comes from a 1968 newspaper clipping. The tropical flavors or coconut and pineapple make them unique and set them apart from everyday brownies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a saucepan melt butter and chocolate; cool to lukewarm. Beat eggs and salt until lemon colored; gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until thick. Blend in cooled chocolate mixture and the vanilla. Stir in flour; fold in coconut and pineapple.
- Spread batter evenly in greased 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan and cut into bars.
- If desired, sprinkle brownies with powdered sugar.
Makes about 30 brownies.Calories per brownie: 130