by Updated April 9, 2017,
These are basic chocolate butter cookies made with melted chocolate and confectioners sugar.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 300 F.
- In mixing bowl with electric hand-held mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and smooth. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour, mixing gently until thoroughly blended.
- Spread batter into a greased 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at for 40 to 45 minutes, until center is set.
- Cool in pan and cut into 1 1/2- x 2-inch bars.
- Carefully remove chocolate shortbread bars with a metal spatula.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chocolate Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Brown Sugar Shortbread