Cheddar Puffs with Bacon
by Updated April 9, 2017,
These little appetizers are extra flavorful with bacon, Cheddar, and green onions.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or line it with foil and grease the foil.
- Combine milk and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; add flour all at once, stirring constantly, until mixture forms a dough ball and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.
- You can mix in the pan or transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring constantly and vigorously until mixture is smooth. Add cheese, bacon or ham, green onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the greased foil or pipe the dough. If you have peaks on top of the dough mounds, lightly tamp them down with a damp finger so they won't burn.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until puffed and nicely browned. Serve warm.
Makes about 36
Calories per cheese puff: 25
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Pizza Flavored Breadstick
Chicken, Bacon, and Cheese Sliders
Sesame Wonton Chips