Potluck Chicken Casserole
by Updated April 8, 2017,
This tasty chicken and dressing casserole is a nice size for a big family or potluck dinner. Cook chicken the night before to make preparation a breeze. Use all herb-seasoned bread stuffing if you don't have the cornbread stuffing mix.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly buttered baking dish. Add the 1/2 cup water; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and minced onion.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove chicken from the baking dish, reserving 1 cup of the juices. Clean pan if using the same pan for casserole.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces and place in lightly buttered 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Combine soups and the milk in a medium saucepan. Cook until heated through; pour over chicken.
- Combine herb-seasoned and cornmeal stuffing crumbs and sprinkle over the soup mixture. Combine melted butter and reserved chicken broth; pour evenly over stuffing crumbs.
- Bake chicken casserole, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Make-Ahead Tip: For advance preparation, cook and cut up chicken the night before, then cover and refrigerate until preparation time. Refrigerate chicken cooking juices in a separate container. Cooking time will be slightly longer.
Calories per serving: 550
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
Baked Chicken and Cheese
Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Wild Rice Chicken Casserole
Shells and Cheese with Chicken