Cheesy Flounder Rolls
by Updated April 8, 2017,
Flounder is coated with a Parmesan coating then baked with cheese. Serve this rolled up flounder with the included simple cheese sauce, or make a white sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 Minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Quick and Easy Cheese Sauce
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Pat the flounder fillets dry with paper towels.
- Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the fillets in the egg and then dredge in the dry mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Place a slice of American cheese on each flounder fillet then roll up, securing with a toothpick.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
- If desired, serve with a quick and easy cheese sauce.
- Heat milk and American cheese over low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce is smooth.
Calories per serving: 414
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Stuffed Flounder with Bacon
Baked Flounder with Scallop Stuffing
Baked Flounder Recipe
Broiled Flounder Recipe