by , Updated April 8, 2017
The microwave helps to make this eggplant recipe quick and easy to prepare.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp. Save the shells. Finely chop eggplant pulp.
- Place chopped eggplant, onion, parsley, garlic, mushrooms, and butter in a casserole.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring about halfway through cooking.
- Blend in half of the bread crumbs. Divide filling evenly and stuff into the two eggplant shells.
- Place 1/2 cup water in a shallow 2-quart baking dish; add stuffed eggplant.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes. Rotate dish after 3 minutes. Top with remaining bread crumbs and paprika.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Stuffed eggplant recipe serves 4.Calories per serving: 70