Herbed Beef Tenderloin
by , Updated April 8, 2017
This beef tenderloin recipe is a wonderful choice for special occasion or holiday dinner. Ask your butcher or the grocery store meat department to trim your beef tenderloin of excess fat.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Rub roast all over with cut-side of garlic; discard garlic.
- Combine remaining oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and pepper; rub over roast, pressing evenly into tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes for medium-rare to medium.
- Meat thermometer should read about 145 F for medium rare, 155 F for medium.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of roasted tenderloin and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- (Temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees.)
Beef tenderloin recipe serves 8.Calories per serving: 473