Chicken with Grape Sauce
by Updated April 8, 2017,
A sauce with grapes goes well with these simple breaded chicken breasts. Serve this with rice or potatoes and a tossed green salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap and lightly pound all over until well flattened. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika; coat chicken with the mixture.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add 2 pieces of chicken and cook, turning, until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes (refrigerate remaining chicken while cooking the first batch). Remove to a hot platter and keep warm; add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and repeat with remaining chicken then remove to the heated plate with first batch.
- Over medium-low heat, stir remaining 2 tablespoons flour into drippings in skillet. Add broth ; cook and stir constantly until thickened. Strain through a mesh strainer and return to clean skillet. Add cream and grapes. Taste and add more salt if needed. Reheat gently; do not boil.
- Grapes should soften slightly. Stir in any juices from warm chicken. Pour sauce into a serving dish and top with the chicken.
Calories per serving: 468
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken with Lime and Garlic Grilled or Broiled
Spanish Style Chicken Recipe
Cajun Chicken and Rice
Basil Grilled Chicken
Dijon Chicken Breasts