by , Updated April 8, 2017
These biscotti cookies are made with cream cheese, eggs, butter, and other ingredients, along with anise seeds for wonderful flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together; gradually add sugar, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in eggs one at a time; continue beating until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and anise seeds.; stir into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half, place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and form into two rolls the length of the baking sheet and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until light brown. Remove from the oven and cut rolls crosswise into slices about 3/4 inch thick. Place on baking sheets cut side down.
- Return to oven and bake for about 10 minutes longer, or until crisp.