Graham Cracker or Cookie Crumb Pie Shell
by , Updated April 8, 2017
Use this basic crumb pie shell recipe for your favorite chilled or frozen pie. Try adding about 1/4 cup of finely ground pecans or walnuts to vary the flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F if you will be baking the crust.
- Mix crumbs and sugar together; stir in melted butter.
- Line pie plate with mixture, pressing firmly into place.
- Chill for 20 minutes or bake for 10 minutes.
- Makes 1 pie shell, 9-inch.
Variation: For a cinnamon crust, use graham cracker crumbs and mix in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon along with sugar and butter.