Skillet Apricot Chicken
by , Updated April 7, 2017
Make this easy chicken recipe with apricot, peach, or pineapple preserves. Spices and a little lemon juice make this easy chicken extra-flavorful.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Blend preserves, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, allspice, mace, and ground cloves.
- Combine flour and 1 teaspoon salt in a plastic food storage bag.
- Add chicken, one or two pieces at a time, and shake to coat well.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; brown chicken on all sides.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain off grease from skillet and add preserves mixture.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat, skin side up, for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is tender.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 887