Macaroni and Cheese With Ham
by Updated April 6, 2017,
If you're looking for a potluck or family casserole, this macaroni and cheese with ham is a nice choice. Serve this hearty, delicious macaroni and cheese dish with a tossed salad and biscuits.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Heat the oven to 375°.
- Butter a 2 1/2 to 3-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in the ham and 1 1/2 cups of the Cheddar cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the sauce and drained macaroni, stirring until well blended. Turn the macaroni and cheese mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter; toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the cheese layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Calories per serving: 561
Fat per serving: 31.3
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese With White Cheddar and Fontina Cheeses
Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Mexican Macaroni and Cheese