by , Updated April 6, 2017
This quick bread gets its flavor from a little rum extract and some vanilla extract, along with good quality eggnog mix. This quick bread is perfect for a Christmas event or holiday visitors.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour the bottom of a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk together the eggnog and eggs until well blended. Whisk in the granulated sugar, melted butter, and extracts.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; blend thoroughly. Stir into the eggnog mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan to cool completely.
About 14 slicesCalories per slice: 225
Fat per slice: 8.9