by , Updated April 6, 2017
This classic crustless cheesecake can be topped with your favorite dessert sauce, a warmed pie filling, or a fresh fruit sauce. If you prefer a crust, make it with this graham cracker crust.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Blend in the sour cream. Add the flour, lemon juice, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into the prepared springform pan.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with heavy duty foil.
- Set the wrapped pan in a larger pan.
- Add about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of hot water to the outer pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until set. The cheesecake is set but will still jiggle slightly. Turn the oven off and open the oven door slightly.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove and let stand on a rack for 2 hours. Loosen the rim of the pan and let the cake cool completely before removing the rim.
- Serve with warm cherry pie filling, a dessert sauce, or a fresh fruit sauce.
Serves 12 to 16Nutritional information based on 12 servings:
Calories per serving: 530
Fat per serving: 44.1