Rice Pilaf with Shrimp and Chicken
by , Updated April 6, 2017
This rice dish is a flavorful one-pot meal, and it is very easy to prepare. The classic combination of chicken and shrimp makes for a fabulous meal. Cook the rice in a low sodium chicken broth for extra flavor.
Serve this rice dish with garlic bread or a crusty French bread.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minute
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the skillet and add the butter.
- Place the skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, onion, and bell pepper. Cook the vegetables, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp, chicken, Worcestershire sauce, and tomatoes to the skillet. Cook the mixture for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Add the rice and crumbled bacon to the skillet and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; heat through.
- Garnish with sliced green onion tops, if desired.
4 to 6 Servings