Cheddar Potato Gratin
by Updated April 5, 2017,
This potato gratin is baked to perfection with a rich and delicious Cheddar cheese sauce. A little garlic adds extra flavor to this potato casserole.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Butter a 3-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange a single layer of potato slices in the baking dish; season with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with a few tablespoons of the shredded Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers until all of the potatoes are used.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and cream until smooth. Pour over the potatoes and sprinkle any remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender and the casserole is bubbly and golden brown, about 55 to 65 minutes.
Calories per serving: 315
Fat per serving: 19.2
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Potato Cakes with Bacon
Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Quick and Easy Ham and Potato Dinner