Single-Serve Broccoli Rice Casseroles
by , Updated April 5, 2017
These individual broccoli rice casseroles would be perfect with grilled steaks or chicken. The easy single-serve casseroles can be made a day in advance and baked the next day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Butter four 1-cup ramekins or 8-ounce baking dishes.
- Steam fresh broccoli in a steaming basket over simmering water until just tender or cook frozen broccoli following package directions.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion to the butter and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes. Stir in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add The milk, pepper, mustard, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce with the cooked rice and steamed broccoli. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon the broccoli and rice mixture into the prepared baking dishes.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.