Blueberry Pie Recipe
by , Updated April 5, 2017
A little cinnamon helps to flavor this excellent blueberry pie. Use refrigerated pie crusts or your own homemade pie pastry in this recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 425 F. Prepare the pastry, divide into 2 equal portions and on a floured surface roll out into 11-inch circles. Line a pie plate with half.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. STir in blueberries until ingredients are well blended. Turn the mixture into the prepared pastry lined pie pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot evenly with butter pieces.
- Fit the top crust over the filling and cut several slits in the center to let steam escape. Seal and flute all around the rim.
- Cover the edge with a 2-inch strip of foil or a pie shield.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil or pie shield about 15 minutes before the pie is done.
Serves 8Calories per serving: 372
Fat per serving: 18.7