Tex-Mex Beef and Biscuit Bake
by , Updated April 5, 2017
Refrigerated biscuits make a crust for this easy Tex-Mex style ground beef casserole. Feel free to use a mild or hot chile pepper instead of bell pepper in this recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef with the onions and bell pepper, stirring and breaking up, until the ground beef is no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and tomato sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate the dough into 10 biscuits, then separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press half of the layers over the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream with the egg and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir until well blended; stir into the meat mixture. Spoon the meat and sour cream mixture over the dough. Top with the remaining biscuit layers and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until biscuits are browned.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 501
Fat per serving: 22.6
Ground Beef Casserole With Mashed Potato Topping
Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe