Penne With Leeks and Chicken
by , Updated April 3, 2017
This is one of our favorite pasta dishes, full of flavor and texture, and it's relatively low fat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine first 6 ingredients in Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Strain cooking liquid, reserving 1 1/4 cups; discard solids. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Heat oil in the Dutch oven. Add leeks; saute for 5 minutes. Sprinkle leeks with flour; stir well until flour is well incorporated. Add reserved broth. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, pasta, pepper, salt, and tomatoes to the leeks; simmer 5 minutes. Serve with freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
- I stir in a little cream just before serving, but it's lower in fat and delicious without the cream.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 469
Fat per serving: 19.6g
Adapted from a Cooking Light Magazine recipe
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Spanish Chicken with Pasta
General Tso's Chicken
Herb Chicken Bake
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index