Chicken with Gruyere Cheese
Updated April 3, 2017
Flattened chicken breasts are quick and easy to cook with sliced mushrooms and gruyere cheese. Serve the chicken with rice or noodles and a garnish of cherry tomatoes and parsley.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- On sheet of wax paper or in shallow dish, combine flour, salt & pepper; dredge chicken in seasoned flour, coating all sides.
- In small nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until sizzling; add chicken, sprinkle evenly with any remaining seasoned flour, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer chicken to an individual shallow broilerproof baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until hot and sizzling; add mushrooms and saute until lightly browned.
- Top chicken with mushrooms, then the cheese; broil 6 inches from heat source until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley and halved cherry tomatoes.
Fat per serving: 25.4g
Dijon Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breasts in Champagne
Balsamic and Garlic Chicken Breasts
Baked Chicken Breasts with Stuffing and Swiss Cheese
Basil Grilled Chicken
Chicken Rolls with Creamy Shrimp Sauce
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index