Greek Chicken Legs
Updated April 3, 2017
This meal is made with chicken leg quarters, so it's not only flavorful, it's easy on the budget. Serve with hot cooked noodles for a delicious everyday family meal. This dish could also be made with thighs and drumsticks.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Cook chicken for about 10 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Add onions, mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in Greek seasoning, cinnamon, chicken broth and the tomato juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to warm plate, reserving broth.
- Boil reserved broth for 5 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in flour and water mixture and cheese until well blended. Return chicken to pan. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place noodles on serving platter. Top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with olives.
Serves 10 to 12
Calories per serving (based on 12 servings): 368
Fat per serving (based on 12 servings): 19.4g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chicken Divan Recipe
Curry Chicken with Bacon
Oven Fried Chicken
Senegalese Chicken Yassa
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Crunchy Fried Chicken
Balsamic and Garlic Chicken Breasts
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index