Bourbon Mustard Chicken
by Updated April 1, 2017,
This chicken is quick and easy to fix and cook in the skillet. Serve this chicken with hot cooked rice or noodles and sliced fresh tomatoes. Begin about 1 hour before the cooking time to give the chicken time to marinate.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Adapted from "Gatherings" by the Junior League of Milwaukee, WI
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to about 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Place chicken in a shallow nonreactive baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, Dijon mustard, bourbon, green onions, salt, and Worcestershire sauce; stirring to blend. Spoon mustard mixture evenly over both chicken breast halves. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Combine butter and oil in a large skillet, and place over medium high heat.
- Saute chicken 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Drain and discard pan drippings.
- Add reserved marinade to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Pour sauce over chicken.
Calories per serving: 308
Fat per serving: 10.4g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Skillet Chicken and Rice
Chicken a la King Recipe
Chicken Divan Recipe
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index