Balsamic and Garlic Chicken Breasts
by Updated April 1, 2017,
This tasty chicken recipe is made with chicken breasts, mushrooms, and a wonderfully flavorful mixture of balsamic vinegar and herbs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Dredge in mixture of salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on one side for about 3 minutes; turn chicken and add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is nicely browned. Stir in the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to serving platter, keep warm. Stir in 1 tablespoon flour and butter. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Discard bay leaf. Pour over chicken.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Calories per serving: 383
Fat per serving: 18.1g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index