Chicken Thighs With Apples
by , Updated April 1, 2017
Chopped apple, curry powder, and a little lemon juice help to flavor these great tasting chicken thighs, and they're easy to prepare and cook in the skillet.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Place curry powder in a large skillet and stir over medium heat until slightly darker in color (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add chopped apple, onion, lemon juice, mushrooms, broth granules, and 1 1/2 cups of the apple juice; bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink near the bone; cut to test.
- Lift chicken from pan; arrange on a warm platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk flour with remaining 1/2 cup of apple juice until smooth.
- Gradually add to sauce in pan, stirring; increase heat to high and cook, stirring until sauce is thickened.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 576
Fat per serving: 19.9g
Curry Chicken with Bacon
Oven Fried Chicken
Senegalese Chicken Yassa
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Crunchy Fried Chicken
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index