Basil Grilled Chicken
This buttery basil chicken is grilled then served with a delicious herb and Parmesan butter. If you want, make the softened basil butter mixture a little earlier, shape into a roll, wrap in wax paper, and refrigerate until firm. Then slice and serve when the chicken is done.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 52 minutes
Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Rub the coarse pepper over the chicken breasts. Combine the 6 tablespoons of melted butter and 1/4 cup of chopped basil; blend well. Brush chicken lightly with the melted butter mixture, reserving the remaining melted butter mixture for basting.
- Combine the 6 tablespoons of softened butter, 2 tablespoons chopped basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Beat until mixture is well blended and smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- If desired, make this softened basil butter mixture and form into a roll, wrap with wax paper, and refrigerate until firm. Then when the chicken is done, serve it with the round slices of basil butter.
- Grill chicken over medium coals for 35 to 45 minutes, turning and basting frequently with remaining melted butter mixture. To test for doneness, pierce with a fork; juices should run clear.
- Serve grilled chicken with basil butter mixture.
Calories per serving: 442
Fat per serving: 36.4g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Grilled Chicken
General Tso's Chicken
Glazed Chicken Wings
Herb Chicken Bake
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index