Skillet Chicken and Rice Recipe
by Updated April 1, 2017,
If you don't like instant rice, use about 2 cups of cooked rice and cut the milk to about 1/2 cup, just make sure the chicken is cooked through when you add the rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sliced mushrooms and cook 1 minute longer.
- Cut chicken into thin strips; add to the skillet and cook, stirring, until browned on all sides.
- Stir in soup, milk, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add rice; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until rice is done, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with additional chopped green onions, if desired.
Calories per serving: 582
Fat per serving: 18.7g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chicken Thighs with Rice
Easy Skillet Chicken with Grapes
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index