Chicken with Mushrooms
by Updated April 1, 2017,
This easy chicken dish is made with browned chicken, bacon, and onion soup mix, along with mushrooms and wine. This is an easy and flavorful chicken recipe.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add chicken to bacon drippings and brown over medium heat, turning several times to brown evenly. Remove chicken; set aside.
- In same Dutch oven, add mushrooms and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Return chicken and bacon to the pot, then add soup mix blended with water, wine or broth, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Calories per serving: 457
Fat per serving: 27.9g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chicken Recipes
Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Thighs with Rice
Easy Skillet Chicken with Grapes
Skillet Apricot Chicken
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index