Southern Style Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes
Updated April 2, 2017
This is a basic pork chop and sweet potato bake, a great combination for any family meal. With only 5 ingredients, this pork chop dish is easy to prepare and bake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until just tender. Cool and peel.
- Slice the sweet potatoes 1/2-inch thick. Slice whole orange very thinly. Place layers of sweet potatoes and orange slices in buttered casserole, sprinkling each layer with sugar.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brown on both sides.
- Arrange the browned pork chops on the sweet potatoes. Add 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour. Baste occasionally with syrup in dish.