Updated April 2, 2017
These tasty stuffed pizzas are like calzones, made with biscuit mix, sausage, beef, and pizza ingredients. Feel free to use all ground beef or all Italian sausage, and add your favorite pizza toppings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
8 to 10 servings.
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Grease 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and ground beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess fat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix baking mix and water until dough forms. Divide into 2 parts, one slightly larger.
- On surface dusted with baking mix or flour, roll larger portion of dough into 16-by-11-inch rectangle. Fold into thirds. Place in dish. Unfold. Press on bottom and up sides of dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Cover with 3/4 cup of the pizza sauce. Add meat mixture and other toppings. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Roll remaining dough into 9x13-inch rectangle. Fold into thirds. Place over cheese in dish. Unfold; press bottom and top crust edges together to seal. Make small slits in top crust.
- Spread crust with remaining pizza sauce and cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Pork Recipes Index