Croissants with Ham and Mornay Sauce
by , Updated April 1, 2017
This easy chessy sandwich bake makes an elegant brunch or lunch choice.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Split croissants.
- Place 2 slices ham in each croissant.
- Place in baking dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat in saucepan, then stir flour until smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add milk. Cook until mixture begins to boil and thicken, stirring constantly with whisk. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg; reduce heat. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and onion. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Pour over and around croissants.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. These would also be great with a little broccoli or spinach sandwiched with the ham.