Chalupas with Chipotle Chiles
by , Updated April 1, 2017
This Mexican style pork recipe uses a pork loin roast, chile peppers, and Mexican seasonings. It's an easy and delicious pork roast.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 8 minutes
- Heat the broiler.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Cut small slits in roast; insert garlic slices.
- Place on rack in broiler pan. Broil for 15 minutes.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Rinse pinto beans; drain. Add to slow cooker. Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, green chiles and enough water to cover.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 or 9 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the chipotles in and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour longer. Skim off fat and discard bones.
- Shred and serve with warm flour tortillas, on buns, or on a bed of corn chips with shredded cheese, chopped green onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, avocado, salsa and sour cream.
- Lots of leftovers with this pork recipe. Add a can of diced tomatoes or rotel and serve over rice. Delicious!