Flank Steak with Tomatoes
by , Updated April 1, 2017
A great marinade and sliced vegetables and tomatoes make this a flavorful steak dish.
- Slice beef thinly on the diagonal. Place the beef slices in a small bowl.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- In large skillet, heat oil. Add green pepper, onion and celery; saute 2 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water (you may use 3/4 cup of good beef stock instead of the bouillon and water). Add to skillet along with beef and marinade. Bring to boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the skillet. Stir until thickened.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; add to skillet and stir gently.
- Simmer just until tomatoes are hot.
- Serve over rice with scallions or green onions.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 466
Fat per serving: 21.4
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index