Roast Beef Po' Boy
Updated April 1, 2017
This is a classic New Orleans po' boy. The sandwiches are typically served in fresh French bread rolls.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until flour mixture is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes; gradually stir in the beef broth.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and thyme; stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each roll; scoop out soft insides.
- Arrange meat on each roll; spoon gravy over meat and replace tops on rolls.
Calories per serving: 651
Fat per serving: 28.7
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index