African Beef Stew
by , Updated April 1, 2017
Sweet potato and peanut butter give this beef stew African flavors. Use lean beef in this beef stew recipe, and serve with crusty bread and hot cooked rice.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 18 minutes
- Combine the stew beef, tomatoes, bell pepper, celery, potato, carrot, onion, sweet potato, salt and tomato paste in large saucepan or Dutch oven; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally and add water, if needed.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and peanut butter. Simmer for 1 hour longer or until vegetables and beef are tender.
- Add the peas and simmer for about 5 minutes longer, or until the peas are tender but still bright green.
- Ladle the stew onto large platter and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve this delicious African beef stew over rice.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 477
Fat per serving: 20.5
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index