by , Updated April 1, 2017
This flavorful beef stew is made with red wine, garlic, and vegetables. Serve this savory stewed beef with potatoes or hot cooked noodles for a delicious meal. Feel free to use burgundy wine, pinot noir, merlot, or cabernet in this stew recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add half of beef and garlic and brown slowly, stirring occasionally. Repeat with the remaining beef and garlic.
- Pour off excess fat; stir in the previously browned beef and garlic, along with the thyme, salt, and pepper. Add beef broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Add carrots and onions; cover and cook 25 minutes longer.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and the peas; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until the stew is thickened.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 380
Fat per serving: 14.2g
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Best-Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index